Platform Work Experience Programme
The Fashion Retail Academy is launching a new Traineeship Programme – PLATFORM. This programme is aimed at preparing 16 to 18-year-olds who are not in education for employment or an apprenticeship.
This programme includes support to improve your knowledge of the Fashion Retail sector, Maths, English and Digital Skills. Alongside this you will learn interview skills, workplace expectations and how to write a CV, then moving into a high-quality work placement of at least 70 hours to trial a job/sector and get a good insight into the business.
This programme offers you:
- work preparation training - gives you the skills and confidence needed the first step in your career. You’ll go to workshops to help you write a CV, cover letters, application forms and prepare for interviews.
- skills you need to find a job - employers are at the centre of this course, the focus is on your skills and future success in employment
- English and Maths - developing the skills you need for the workplace and boosting your job prospects, your long-term career progression, and earning potential!
- work experience - You’re guaranteed an exit interview with an employer reference, and you’ll be working alongside employees at the company
- an improved CV – work placements give you great practical experience and experience on paper
You won't get paid doing a traineeship, although your employer will usually cover the cost of food and travel expenses. There may even be a job opportunity at the end of your traineeship. If so, you'll be given a chance to interview. But even if there's no job available, you'll still get an exit interview to discuss what you've learned, as well as a valuable reference for your CV.
- 16 - 18 year olds
- Must be eligible to work in England
- Must be living in Greater London
- Possess qualifications up to Level 3 (qualifications from college or sixth form)
- Have little or no work experience, unsure of your skills but keen to work
- Unemployed or working less than 16 hours a week
To register your interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive further guidance and support on how to apply for the programme. Applications are open throughout the year. Some employers only hire at certain times, but as the programmes are quite short a majority of employers hire cohorts across the year.
Applications are open throughout the year. Some employers only hire at certain times, but as the programmes are quite short a majority of employers hire cohorts across the year. The next available programmes will run from 2nd June to 30 August and 28th June to 13 September.
Yes, you will work towards Level 1 Award in Work Skills which includes understanding customer service, working in a team, problem solving and time management. If you haven’t achieved GCSE qualifications, you will also work towards Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths qualifications.
British Red Cross, Generation Digital Trainee
You will be volunteering to undertake remote sessions in the first instance, supporting vulnerable people, with building their digital skills to enable them to feel less isolated and lonely. The people needing help will be referred by internal British Red Cross Services and through partner organisations.
You will be providing invaluable help in the operation of our E-bay centre by researching items to set the best price for sale on our eBay shop, photographing, listing and preparing items for delivery, ensuring items are complete and much more. By doing this you can support us in raising funds that will help people in crisis at home and abroad.