Less than 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or below
16-18: Fully Funded
Projects set by brand partners
STUDY LEVEL 2 FASHION RETAIL
Level 2 Fashion Retail introduces you to a wide variety of roles within fashion, from head office to store. It's a great first step for a career in the creative or business sectors of the fashion industry.
Maths and English GCSE resits are included if required.
- Ideal for students who want to explore different roles within the industry
- Learn about the design and business career paths within a fashion brand
- Perfect for progression to a Level 3 or an apprenticeship
IN WORK OR EDUCATION
92% of students are employed or continuing their studies within 6 months of completing Level 2 Fashion Retail.
STAY WITH US
All of our students who opted to stay in education, chose to continue studying with us.
WERE PREPARED FOR INDUSTRY
Despite all staying, 80% of our students agreed that our teaching and support prepared them for industry.
My time at the Fashion Retail Academy was amazing. My teachers moulded me into an independent, creative, free-thinking individual and gave me the confidence to go out into industry. I would do it all over again, it was the best time of my life!
Alex, Level 2 Fashion Retail
Studying Level 2 Fashion Retail, you’ll explore the entire fashion retail journey from product design to shop floor, giving you an insight into the industry as a whole. You’ll learn about every area of fashion business through vocational study and practical workshops.
We’ll teach you the essentials of the industry, including fashion design, buying, marketing and retail management. You’ll also develop your teamwork, presentation, time management, organisation and communication skills.
Through a combination of lessons, workshops and live projects set by major brands, you’ll strengthen your analytical and creative understanding. You’ll take regular trips to galleries, exhibitions and stores for inspiration, exploring designers, brands and trends from all areas of fashion.
We'll help you discover your talents and decide what you enjoy, helping you to choose your career path. You’ll finish with an academic qualification that provides the perfect pathway to one of our specialist Level 3 courses or an apprenticeship, setting you up for your dream job in the industry.
- History of Fashion Retail: An introduction to the fashion retail environment. Understand the purpose of various departments in a fashion brand, and how they all work together.
- Contextual Research: Choose a brand and research its unique aesthetic, discovering how it’s evolved over the years.
- Communication Skills: Learn the skills and techniques you need to effectively share your research and ideas with a wide range of audiences
- Design and Production: Discover the process of developing a garment from scratch. This project is completed in collaboration with a brand.
- Buying and Selling: Explore how buying and selling work in the fashion retail industry. Learn how to edit a capsule collection and create successful range plans
- Visual Merchandising: An introduction to visual merchandising and how brands communicate with consumers using visual displays
- Personal Project and Presentation in Fashion Business and Retail: Combine all of the skills and knowledge you have learnt during the course and create a final research and design project
We're proud of our exceptional industry links to over 140 major brands. All our tutors have worked in the industry, and have plenty of knowledge and experience to share. We’ll teach you to develop a strong professional network that will support you throughout your career.
As part of our Level 2 Fashion Retail course, you’ll take part in projects set by our brand partners. These are designed to give you a deeper understanding of the industry and its current challenges.
Previously, Level 2 students collaborated with All Saints and M&S to create garments that were inspired by a current exhibition. During these projects, students visited these retailers every month to collect information about shop windows, visual merchandising, in-store promotions, seasonal fabrics and trends, and ethical responsibility.
Level 2 Fashion Retail acts as a springboard for further study. It’s a great place to start if you’re not quite sure which specific discipline you’d like to progress in.
When you complete the course, you’ll be ready to start a more specialist Level 3 course, or an apprenticeship with a fashion brand.
75% of our Level 2 Fashion Retail students choose to continue studying a Level 3 diploma with us at the FRA!
University of the Arts London
Level 2 Diploma in Fashion Business and Retail
1 year, delivered over 2 days per week (+1 day if additional Maths & English tuition is required)
This course is fully-funded for students aged 16-18
- Less than 5 GCSEs at 4 or below including Maths & English
- Maths & English minimum grade 3
- We may be able to make exceptions for students with EHCP or other personal circumstances. If you do not meet the entry requirements, please include these in a statement on your application, and we will review it as part of an academic decision
For non-UK qualifications, please provide an ENIC Statement of Comparability.
If you're applying from a non-English speaking country, you'll need at least 5.5 overall and in each section of IELTS test for English language
Assessment is continuous throughout the course. You must pass each unit to progress to the next. Once you have passed all units in Terms 1 and 2, you'll move to the final units in Term 3. When you complete the course, you'll be graded at either Pass, Merit or Distinction.
After completing our online form, we'll process your application and send you the outcome by post and email in 5-10 working days. We process applications in the order we receive them, and offers are made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you have your exam results and you meet the course's entry requirements, you'll be given an unconditional offer.
- If you don't have your results yet, your offer will be conditional on you meeting the entry requirements.
Your place at the FRA is only secure after you have completed enrolment.
- End of Term: 30 June 2023
*Term Dates are subject to change
- Academic Transition Day: 31 August 2023
- Term Start Date: 4 September
- End of Term: 18 December
Winter Holidays: 18 December 2023 – 1 January 2024
- Term Start Date: 2 January 2024
- End of Term: 18 March
Spring Holidays: 18 March - 7 April
- Term Starts: 8 April
- End of Term: 24 June 2024
*Term Dates are subject to change
Tristan Thomas - 'Labels' Concept Magazine
WE’RE OFSTED OUTSTANDING
Don’t just take our word for it – Ofsted has rated us as an officially outstanding college. Their report identified six areas of excellence.
Learners develop the highest-quality, industry-relevant skills.
A rich, varied curriculum and superb learning facilities.
Teaching is of the highest quality.
Progression into employment is exceptional.
Outstanding partnerships with employers and the fashion retail industry.
The achievement of learners is very high and for adult learners is exceptional.