BA (HONS) Degree Courses


If you are 18+ and studying for a degree your fees will be £11,100 per year (UK students). You may need to budget for specific materials, trips or equipment. This will vary depending on your course. Most students fund their studies from the following:

  • Accessing funding from the government
  • Parental contributions
  • Working part-time
  • Tuition fees and maintenance loans are combined together to form a total student loan which is repayable in instalments after you finish your studies

UK students are able to apply for a tuition fee loan to cover the full cost of their tuition fees each year, up to the maximum of £11,100 for accelerated degrees. Tuition fees are paid directly to the Academy on the student's behalf. Whilst tuition fee loans are the most common way for students to pay course fees, you do not have to borrow the whole amount or take out a tuition fee loan at all - instead you can arrange to pay your annual fees yourself upfront or in two instalments (one at enrolment and one in December).

For funding to help cover the cost of living expenses whilst at the Academy, students can also apply to Student Finance England for a maintenance loan. All students who qualify for funding support are eligible to borrow the minimum amount of £3,821*. To borrow more than this, students will need to have their household income assessed. Students whose household income is less than £62,180 will be able to borrow a higher amount of maintenance loan. Those whose household income is less than £25,000 will be able to borrow the maximum loan amount of £8.200**.

Maintenance loans are 'lumped together' with a student's tuition fee loan to form their total student loan which is repayable after you finish your studies.

*If you are a student from Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland, the EU or International please go to the relevant section for your area (see below).

Students with particular circumstances may be eligible for additional funding and support from Student Finance England, such as:

  • Childcare Grant
  • Adult Dependents' Grant
  • Parents' Learning Allowance
  • Disabled Students' Allowance
  • Travel Grant (for students studying abroad)

For further information on these, please see the Student Finance England website.


You only need to make one application to Student Finance to be considered for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan. Most students apply online, which you can do via the Government website. You will need to apply for funding again for each year of your course. For tips and advice on completing your Student Finance application, see our page 'Applying for Student Finance' section of the website.

To contact Student Finance England, call 0300 100 0607 or visit Student Finance England for more information. If you are a student from Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland, the EU or International please go the relevant section for your area (see below).

Students who already hold a degree and are enrolling onto any other degree courses will not be eligible for any support from Student Finance.

If you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you will need to apply to your regional finance team for your funding. The below information is a guide to the 'non-repayable' support you can expect to receive in addition to any loans which may also be available. To be considered for these grants you will need to be 'income assessed' in order to demonstrate your household income (HHI). For full details on available support, please check the website of your regional finance team, as listed below.


Students should apply for support through the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS). The rates quoted here are for 'young undergraduate' students (under 25). If you are over 25 or 'independent', then you'll get a much smaller bursary rare and a higher loan. All students are eligible for a tuition fee loan. At the time of going live, 20/21 support levels were still to be confirmed.

Tel: 0845 111 1711



Students can apply online through Student Finance Wales, who will help cover the cost of fees through a combination of fee loan and fee grant. All students are eligible for a tuition fee loan At the time of going live, 20/21 support levels were still to be confirmed.

Tel: 0845 602 8845


Northern Ireland

All students are eligible for a tuition fee loan. If you normally live in Northern Ireland, contact the Student Finance Northern Ireland contact centre. At the time of going live, 20/21 support levels were still to be confirmed.

Tel: 0845 600 0662

If you're a full-time student from the EU, you can apply for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England. However, living costs need to be funded through the authorities in your home country or by private funds. If you've been a resident in the UK for three years or more (outside of education) before the start of your proposed course, it's worth checking if you qualify as a UK student instead.

If you intend on paying for your course yourself, without a loan, you can either pay the full amount due at the start of the course or by 2 equal instalments in September and in December. For any assistance, please contact

Payment methods

Online payments can be made here.

Credit/debit card payments can be made by telephone on +44(0)1326 213778 or +44(0)1326 253790, from Monday – Friday between 09:00 and 16.45 GMT.

To pay directly into the University bank account, please use the following details and we normally ask that you give your student number followed by your last name for the reference.

Bank Account to pay Tuition Fees:

Account name:  Falmouth University

Account number: 40370479

Sort code: 20 87 94

Swift:  BARCGB22

IBAN:  GB96BARC20879440370479

Bank Address:

Barclays bank

6 Killigrew Street, Falmouth, Cornwall, UK, TR11 3RD

£70 - Recurring annual cost.

£50 - £200 - One off costs for the course duration (compulsory trips, final portfolios or shows, etc).

£300 - Optional study visits and placements for the course duration. Additionally, if you need to bring equipment or materials with you, these will be outlined in your induction.

Check our Access and Participation Statement here.

We do not offer any accommodation through the Academy, but support can be found on the websites below to help with your search. These are only examples and there are other agencies and organisations you can try.

The London Student Housing Guide, published by University of London Housing Services is not affiliated with the FRA so students cannot get places in their Halls, but anyone can read their booklet on-line which provides the best all round guide to student living in London available:

Private Sector Halls of Residence are a popular option. Unite have high standard accommodation all over London. Book directly through Unite:

An alternative to halls is Homestay accommodation. HFS London is a British Council registered agency that specialises in for students in London:

Hostel style accommodation is also available Clink78 and Clink261 offer mixed and female only dormitories and private rooms:

London has a huge and diverse private rented accommodation sector and many students live in shared accommodation. Prices vary hugely, largely depending on how close to central London you live. Useful websites include:

Please click here for Falmouth University Fees Policy. Click here to see all Falmouth University policies.