Apprenticeships provide a clear and recognised route to specific job roles. They are an effective way to ‘grow your own’ talent in hard-to-recruit or high turnover positions. The Apprenticeship Levy means that the majority of large businesses will be charged for Apprenticeships whether they are part of your training offer or not. The FRA Apprenticeship team is best placed to help develop and deliver Apprenticeship programmes to ensure they add real and lasting value.
Whether a large or small business, the FRA is able to support you with the provision of apprenticeships across multiple occupational sectors. Our knowledge and expertise make us the best partner to support your needs.
Apprenticeships are available for various roles within the retail industry. There are existing standards that we can utilise to deliver the following programmes:
- L2-L4 Retail
- L2-L4 Retail with VM Specialism
- L3 Business Administrator
- L3 Customer Service Specialist
- L3 Digital Marketer
- L4-L6 Buying & Merchandising
An Apprentice is employed by you and works for a minimum of 30 hours per week. Apprentices work towards a nationally recognised qualification or standard. An Apprentice typically attends the FRA on a regularly basis. Training is flexible and can be adapted to suit your business needs. By the end of the programme you will have a fully trained, motivated member(s) of staff who will be able to perform the job that they have received training for.
- Attracting the right people to fill your vacancies: using the National Apprenticeship Service database, the FRA website, FRA social media and promotional events
- Training and assessment is fully funded via the Apprenticeship Levy
- We have a proven track-record in delivering specialist fashion, digital and retail programmes that meet the needs of employers
- We take all the hassle out of the process for you because we understand your business
- We give continuous support, including monthly apprenticeship reviews to check progress and offer support to both apprentice and employer
- All taught sessions are delivered by industry professionals
- FRA apprenticeships support our industry partners to pipeline fresh, new talent and/or upskill current staff to support people KPIs including retention, engagement and progression.
- Seamless recruitment and selection support, designed to help you find the right Apprentice for your business, offering a personal, comprehensive and bespoke service.
The current National Minimum Wage rate for an apprentice is £4.30 per hour. This rate of pay applies to Apprentices aged 16 – 18 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.