£3,100 (Payment plans available)
3 Week Work Placement
STUDY DATA ANALYTICS FOR RETAIL ONLINE
Understanding data is now a core skill required in every role in fashion retail. Do you want to understand data and get a step ahead of your colleagues? Expertise in data analysis could help you get your dream job. With our Online Data Analytics for Retail course, you can fast-forward your career by developing your data analytics skills, and either enhance your current position or start a whole new career.
This course will help you to upskill you in your current role so that you can become the data analysis expert in your team, and master the essential skills required for an entry-level data-focused position in the fashion industry if that’s your ambition. There is a huge demand and excellent opportunity for progression in all fashion retail industry roles for those that are confident with data analysis and understand the impact it has on all areas of business.
- Work at the forefront of a fashion brand, influencing key business decisions and driving sales
- Learn to prepare, manage and interpret data
- Huge industry demand for data analysts, with excellent opportunities for rapid career growth
Course endorsed by
Marks & Spencer
The average salary for a Junior Data Analyst is £50,000 a year
Salaries for Data Analysts are increasing by 18% every year
46% of businesses hiring data analysts in the UK are struggling to recruit for available roles*(1)
Trends are moving faster than ever before, across multiple platforms and reaching a much wider audience. Understanding data in the fashion industry allows you to notice and react to upcoming trends, and even create them yourself, by being closer to your audience than ever before. Not only can this inform the creative process, but it allows a brand to solve business and real-world problems.
Thierry, Head of Data Insights, Journey Further
Our Data Analytics for Retail online course is endorsed by M&S.
The fashion industry is rapidly changing, and data analytics is at the heart of it. Data analysts provide and analyse data across all departments of a business, from design and development to marketing and operations, and your findings will help businesses to make positive changes.
You will learn to identify, understand, and solve problems facing brand, how to interpret trends, understand customers and how to analyse your findings to highlight new opportunities for a business in any area of industry. The most successful retail businesses use actionable insights from data analysis to tailor their product to meet the needs of their consumer, understand their shopping habits and increase brand loyalty. Our course will teach you the skills to investigate data in any brand and how to make effective, fact-driven business decisions.
This course will teach you the essential data skills and creative analysis techniques you will need to become a data analyst in the fashion industry, but these skills can be applied to any area of industry. You will learn software, including PowerBI, data dashboard building, interpreting data and applying your findings, and creating interactive graphs and presentations through to advanced Excel skills.
You will learn through a mix of live sessions, set projects, tutorials, recorded materials, and case studies. You will work with industry data sets and real-life scenarios to ensure that you’re prepared for industry.
When we think of data, we think of numbers and analysing complicated figures, but our online Data Analytics for Retail course teaches you the Excel and maths skills you need. We recommend GCSEs including Maths & English at grade 4/C or above.
One compulsory live lesson every week. Lessons will usually be in the evening (UK GMT).
Either a themed discussion group or support session, alternating every week.
Pre-recorded content, learning resources and tasks become available on our Online Learning platform. Work must be completed ahead of Tuesday's lesson.
We expect you to complete 4-6 hours of independent study a week.
- Monthly meetings with your industry mentor
- Bookable sessions with your tutor, the FRA library or online learning support
- Careers advice and guidance from the FRACareers team
You’ll complete 4 projects as part of the course that contextualise your learning in professional practice. Assessment is a mix on online assessment and project outcomes and, you will develop a portfolio to support your progression into industry. The topics you'll cover include:
- Data Analysis – By understanding the principles behind data analysis, you’ll know how to take basic data signals and turn them into strategies. For example, you’ll be able to see which social channels are driving engagement and sales on your website, and then use this data to develop exciting strategies. We’ll teach you how to understand the main approaches of data analysis: descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive. You’ll learn how to create hypotheses to resolve, such as why returns of a particular product are higher than usual or why customers do not convert at checkout. Your actionable insights will make positive impacts on brands and improve business outcomes.
- Data Software & Systems - Learn how to use important software including PowerBI (interactive data visualization software) and DAX (functions and operators that can be combined to build formulas). Learn how to create engaging data dashboards to create and track data, such as range plans, customer feedback and sales. These dashboards can also be used to inspire innovative strategies across departments such as marketing and buying, that can make significant positive changes for a brand.
- Data Management & Preparation – You’ll develop the necessary skills for this key area of data analytics roles. You’ll learn how to gather, prepare and cleanse data, discuss risk mitigation and how to safely combine data sets. We’ll also teach you about predictive modelling, which comes into play in many buying and merchandising roles. For instance, you will be able to analyse which products are best sellers, which demographic is buying them, and the correct time to restock to lead to more sales.
- Stakeholder Relationships – Discover how to work closely with all areas of a brand, from the fashion design team to the buyers and merchandisers to understand their challenges and goals. Learn through working on real industry scenarios and discover how to build and develop stakeholder relationships - such as the relationship between your company and the fashion brands that you stock – as well as how to use department data to predict consumer patterns. You’ll understand how different departments in a business rely on data to improve performance, and how to use data to enact positive change and make improvements, for instance, ensuring sustainable production methods are being used, and that ethically produced stock is being sourced.
- Law, Regulation & Ethics – Explore the main legislation and legal requirements that you’ll meet as a data analyst. You’ll learn to understand security measures, GDPR and ethical responsibilities to avoid fines and repercussions for breaches of data compliance. Learn how to keep data safe and secure through proper data management.
Throughout our online retail analytics course, you'll have regular seminars, talks and masterclasses from our brand partners. We’ll help you develop a strong industry network that will support you throughout your career. You’ll also take part in projects and challenges set by brands that help you to develop valuable, practical skills.
We'll assign you an industry mentor individually or in small groups. They’ll meet with you once a month to discuss, advise and support you on your journey into industry. Your mentor will offer insight into working in a business and can help you plan your career goals.
TWO-WEEK work placement
You will have the opportunity to complete a 2 week full time work placement with one of our brand partners as part of your course. If you are unable to participate there will be the option to take part in industry based projects and careers workshops*
*Please note: Placement is open to UK residents only. Placements are most likely to be based in London. Placements could be fully in person, fully remote or a mixture of both.
Our Data Analytics for Retail online course is ideal for those making their first steps in a career in fashion-focused data analysis, or for those wanting to upskill in their current role. Trained professional data analysts are in high demand in industry, and there are great opportunities for career progression and growth.
As a data analyst, you’ll be working in an innovative capacity with direct influence over the future direction of a fashion business. The skills learnt in this course can also influence your progression in your current role, allowing you to be the data analysis expert in your team, or let you move into another area of the industry, as data analytics skills are highly sought after by employers.
You could be working as a:
- Data Analyst
- Customer Data Analyst
- E-Commerce Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Insight Analyst
- Production Data Analyst
- Marketing Data Analyst
- Trend Forecaster
- Problem Analyst
BCS - Pending Approval for Sep 2023
Minimum Age: 19 +
Start date: September 2023
Course duration: 36 weeks
Assessment: You'll complete 2 exams and 1 project that measure your knowledge and understanding.
- Two Payments of 50% each
- Six monthly payments
- Full Payment upfront
The first payment is due before the start of your course.
Recommended Entry Qualifications: We welcome applicants with an undergraduate degree, A-levels or equivalent qualifications. We also encourage applicants with employment experience.
- As a minimum, we suggest GCSEs including Maths & English at grade 4/C or above.
- For international students, we require IELTS grade 5
Data Analytics for Retail [Online] is open to applications from international students. However, you must be able to attend one compulsory live lesson, one evening a week (UK GMT).
*(1) Source: available jobs in UK and number of businesses hiring data analysts
- Start of term: 26 September 2023
*subject to change