£2,100 (Payment plans available)
3 Week Work Placement
STUDY UX/UI DESIGN FOR FASHION ONLINE
Our online UX/UI Design course will help you master the essential skills required for a career at the forefront of the fashion industry.
You'll learn to master the principles of UX/UI design in fashion retail and the theory of branding, graphic design and consumer behaviour. You'll learn to design and build products and services that excite customers, build brand loyalty and drive sales.
Taught entirely online, our Fashion UX/UI Design course is ideal for those with a busy lifestyle, or those living outside of London. Study in your own time, around your other commitments, with just one compulsory live lesson each week.
- Study UX/UI principles in the context of fashion business
- Huge industry demand for professional UX and UI designers
Course content developed in collaboration with
Collaborating with the Fashion Retail Academy to build the course, we are confident the skills covered will support those interested in building a Product Design career at cutting-edge retailers and beyond.
of online shoppers say they wouldn’t return to a website after having a bad user experience*
of mobile website visitors leave a page that takes longer than 3 seconds to load*
OUT OF 5
online shoppers will tell their friends about a bad brand experience*
Our UX/UI Design online course has been developed in collaboration with ASOS.
In just 26 weeks, you’ll master the key skills of User Experience and User Interface design, preparing you for an exciting career at the cutting edge of the fashion industry.
The fashion retail landscape is constantly evolving, and the way consumers interact with brands and products has transformed. The focus has shifted from in-person shopping to a multi-channel brand experience - including websites, apps and social media. Businesses must be quick to respond to what consumers want in order to survive.
Studying UX/UI Design for fashion, you’ll learn how to make customers’ experiences with a brand easy and intuitive. You’ll master the fundamental practical skills you need to build user interfaces like websites and apps. We’ll teach you how customers engage with a brand, and how more useful products can improve a brand’s image and encourage customer loyalty.
We’ll also explore key business theories behind branding, graphic design and consumer behaviour. We’ll teach you how to use these to support your creative ideas, and design seamless engagement between customers and businesses. During your final project, you’ll create a professional digital portfolio to support you on your next steps.
When you complete the UX/UI Design course, you’ll have a thorough understanding of UX/UI design in fashion retail, graphic design and consumer behaviour and will be ready to start your career as a UX/UI designer.
There is currently huge industry demand for skilled UX and UI Designers, as the amount of unfilled roles far outnumbers qualified professionals in the area. This means there are many opportunities for rapid career progression for strong candidates - with excellent wages!
One compulsory live lesson every week. Lessons will usually be in the evening (UK GMT).
Either a themed discussion group or support session, alternating every week.
Pre-recorded content, learning resources and tasks become available on our Online Learning platform. Work must be completed ahead of Tuesday's lesson.
We expect you to complete 4-6 hours of independent study a week.
- Monthly meetings with your industry mentor
- Bookable sessions with your tutor, the FRA library or online learning support
- Careers advice and guidance from the FRACareers team
*Timetable is subject to change
Throughout our online UX/UI course, you'll complete 4 projects that cover a range of key topics
- Introduction to UX/UI: Explore the fundamental skills of the UX and UI roles. Learn the differences between the jobs, how the two jobs work together.
- Design Principles: Discover the creative 'design thinking process'. Learn the practical skills to create design templates. Create accessible user interfaces, including websites and apps, that can respond to the changing needs of industry and consumers.
- Design and User Research Activities: Investigate the importance of research to the success of UX and UI design. Learn about the different research methods used in industry, and how to complete usability testing. Discover how to create an effective research plan, and use your findings to inform your creative design decisions.
- Law, Regulation & Ethics of UX/UI: Learn how to make sure your work is legal, ethical and accessible. Discover the legal challenges surrounding defamation and copyright. Make sure your work fits equality, diversity and inclusion rules. Learn about community management practices and how they can impact business.
- Data Analysis: Learn how to analyse data and measure how people are using your designs. Use this information to adapt your projects to meet consumer needs. Create effective solutions that improve access and engagement for a brand, and reach new customers.
- Professional Progression: Develop your professional skills to support your journey to the workplace. Explore career opportunities and get support from our FRACareers team with your progression.
- Advanced Design Elements of UX & UI: Continuing developing your understanding of aesthetic design principles. Learn key UX/UI skills including information architecture, structure workflow, content useability. Create a professional digital portfolio for job applications and interviews.
Throughout the course, you'll have regular seminars, talks and masterclasses from our brand partners. We’ll help you develop a strong industry network that will support you throughout your career. You’ll also take part in projects and challenges set by brands that help you to develop valuable, practical skills.
Either individually or in small groups, we'll assign you an industry mentor. They’ll meet with you once a month to discuss, advise and support you on your journey into industry. Your mentor will offer insight into working in a business and can help you plan your career goals.
TWO-Week Work Placement
You will have the opportunity to complete a 2 week full time work placement with one of our brand partners as part of your course. If you are unable to participate there will be the option to take part in industry based projects and careers workshops*
*Please note: Placement is open to UK residents only. Placements are most likely to be based in London. Placements could be fully in person, fully remote or a mixture of both.
Our UX/UI Design online course is the perfect first step to a career as a UX or UI designer in the fashion industry. Both career paths are highly collaborative, often working together, and you'll be working at the cutting edge of technology and innovation within a business. In some brands, the roles are combined.
UX design is about identifying and solving user problems and comes first in the product development process. UI design is about creating aesthetically pleasing, easy-to-use digital interfaces like websites and apps. Whereas UI design is only focused on digital products and services, UX design can apply to any kind of product, service or experience created by a brand.
You could also be a:
- Product designer
- UX researcher
- Content strategist
- Content designer
- Interaction designers
- Experience designer
- Interface Manager
- Community Manager
Minimum Age: 19 +
Course duration: 26 weeks
- Two Payments of 50% each
- Six monthly payments
- Full Payment upfront
Please note, the balance payable is due by 30th August 2023. 0% interest payment plans are available.
Recommended Entry Qualifications: We welcome applicants with an undergraduate degree, A-levels or equivalent qualifications. We also encourage applicants with employment experience.
- As a minimum, we suggest GCSEs including Maths & English at grade 4/C or above.
- For international students, we require IELTS grade 5
UX/UI Design [Online] is open to applications from international students. However, you must be able to attend one compulsory live lesson, one evening a week (UK GMT).
*Source: opinions of online shoppers and their impact on brand image and loyalty
Start of Term: 26 September 2023
*subject to change
PERSONA AND AFFINITY MAPPING
Katt is a freelance artist, designer and facilitator with over a decade of experience in learning and development. She joined the FRA at the end of 2022 and is particularly interested in UX and UI design within a fashion context. Katt has a master's degree in digital media practice and specialises in storytelling and experience design, with a particular interest in the intersection of art and technology. Her teaching style reflects her experience as a creative professional and learning designer. She fully embraces digital tools and uses interactive, collaborative workshops combined with discussions that engage with academic theory in accessible ways.
UX/UI is essential. Without a good user experience on a site, customers will not be able to buy products and they can lose ranking on Google because of that. Everyone’s competing for that number one spot - the difference between being on the front page of Google and the second page of Google is literally millions of pounds.
Digital Marketing Manager - Rise at Seven